Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Mad Mad World!

This my interpretation of The Mad Hatter. For this piece i was inspired by Leilani Joy's Wonderland painting called the "The Mad Hattress" which features a sliced in half 3D tea cup. I wanted to put my own spin on she did, so instead of a tea cup, i decided to have my character holding a tea pot. It's inspired by the two spout teapot in the mad party scene from the 1951 Disney's Alice In Wonderland.

I was also inspired by the character Alex Delarge from A Clockwork Orange. I love that film and the styling of the character which is why gave my Hatter a bowler hat, a tea pot cane and the signature spider eyelash.
Her outfit is influenced by the Steampunk movement. I used cling film and acrylic paint to create the background texture/effect.

My piece is entitled "The Hatta" Acrylic on canvas, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment